Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

My Installed Products are not showing up in Oracle Universal Installer (OUI)

The last few weeks I have been in Real Application Cluster (RAC) manufacturing mode... Four environments with two nodes each. Besides the normal Cluster Ready Services (CRS) would not install without fight... My manufacturing process was going without a hitch. With 3 of the 4 environments completed I ran into an issue where I was unable to install the 10.2.0.4 patch set to my 10.2.0.1 CRS install. When I checked to see if what products had been installed I was shocked to see that my inventory was blank!

I verified that CRS was installed and running but was not sure why I could not see what products had been installed. I then proceeded to verify that I had in fact had proof in the oraInventory that I had indeed installed CRS. When I launched OUI I used the following command to get it pointed to the proper oraInventory location...

./runInstaller -invPtrLoc $ORACLE_BASE/oraInventory/oraInst.loc

When I launched OUI using that command I was able to view the products that were installed and saw my CRS install... So the obvious question is why is OUI not picking up the oraInst.loc... After researching I found out somehow during the creation of the oraInst.loc file the permissions in the /etc directory did not have read granted to it.

chmod 644 /etc/oraInst.loc

Once the command was ran, I was able to rerun the OUI and the oraInventory was able to pull up and read the oraInst.loc thust showing all products that were installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment